El termini per presentar-hi candidatures és el 15 de febrer. A continuació detallem la informació de l’oferta tal qual ha estat publicada.
Title : Communication and Public Relations Manager.
Job Reference: IFAE-2015-SO-01
Closing date: 15 February 2015
The Institut de Física d’Altes Energies (IFAE, see www.ifae.es), a research Centre awarded with the Severo Ochoa recognition for excellence, is opening a new position for a highly qualified professional to manage its communication policy.
IFAE conducts first-class research in the fields of Particle Physics, Astroparticle Physics, Cosmology, both theoretical and experimental, and in instrumentation development, especially for medical applications. The main goal of creating this new post is to increase the impact, visibility and recognition of IFAE in the society at large by communicating the IFAE science and technology assets and its new discoveries and technological breakthroughs through all possible outreach channels, as well as providing communication and public relation support for all the IFAE needs.
- Discover and pursue communication opportunities for the IFAE research lines within the world-wide, Spanish and Catalan media, in close contact with IFAE researchers,
- Provide support for the communication needs of the IFAE Administration (Technology Transfer, job opportunities, etc.)
- Manage the Public Relations of IFAE.
- Undertake the corporative positioning of IFAE in the social environment.
- Undertake and maintain the digital positioning of IFAE in the web and in the social networks acting as a community manager.
- Discover and pursue outreach opportunities for IFAE scientific and technological assets, and for new developments such as scientific discoveries and technological breakthroughs.
- Prepare and maintain up-to-date outreach material (written, multi-media, interactive,…) for IFAE.
- Plan and organize outreach sessions for academic enviroments such as schools, for amateur scientific associations and for the general public.
- Keep IFAE personnel up-to-date about news in the media and outreach material of their interest.
· Education: an advanced degree in scientific communication or a degree in Physics with well-proven experience in communication. In any case, background knowledge of Physics, and furthermore on the aforementioned research fields of IFAE, would be a plus.
- Experience: at least three years working in a scientific communication department. Established contacts with news agencies and with media and journals in Catalonia, Spain and the whole world, as well as knowledge of the research environment in Catalonia (CERCA, etc…) and the rest of Spain, would be an important asset.
- Languages: an excellent level of written and spoken English, Spanish and Catalan.
- Information technology: good working knowledge of the applications commonly used in this domain (including multimedia and interactive applications) and knowledge of the web and social network resources at the level of a community manager.
- Availability for short trips in Spain and abroad.
– Initiative, dynamism, communication skills, aptitude for collaborative work and for multi-tasking.
IFAE wishes to fill this post as soon as possible. Applications, following the instructions in the link http://www.ifae.es/eng/work/open-positions.html, should be submitted no later than February 15st, 2015, but will be accepted until the post is filled.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. The initial contract will be for 3 years. Extensions and/or indefinite employment will be subject to mutual satisfaction.