La King Abdullah University of Science and Technology cerca editor científic. A continuació detallem més informació tal qual ha estat publicada.
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology is an international graduate‐level, merit‐based research university located on the shores of the Red Sea in Saudi Arabia. Our state‐of‐the‐art campus, globally renowned faculty and brand new facilities come together to provide the ideal setting for significant, high‐impact research.
KAUST is dedicated to inspiring a new age of scientific achievement in the Kingdom that will also benefit the region and the world.
The Editor assists the Manager of the Academic Writing Services in offering specialized editing services and writing
support to KAUST faculty members.
Key responsibilities include:
– Edits many types of documents, including proposals and project reports, research manuscripts and academic papers with the goal of helping faculty members in communicating their ideas so that they may be assured that publication decisions are based on the merit of the work and not on the quality of their grammar and writing skills.
– Works frequently with non‐native writers of English.
– Works with Postdoctoral Fellows and Research Scientists on their professional dossiers by editing CVs and cover letters.
– Edit journal papers and manuscripts.
– Work with individual faculty members who seek help on their writing.
– Assist Postdoctoral Fellows and Research Scientists in developing their professional dossiers by editing.
CVs and cover letters.
To be successful within this role you must have:
– Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field or English with interest in science.
– Master’s preferred. Minimum of four years of editing experience.
– Ability to edit academic papers in several scientific fields.
– Clear understanding of academic writing and publication.
– Ability to edit under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
– Excellent communication and writing skills.
– Ability to improve CVs and cover letters.
In addition to world class facilities and living conditions, you will be remunerated with a highly competitive package and the opportunity to work within an ambitious and growing University.
To be considered for this exciting role, please visit our website www.kaust.edu.sa and apply directly through the careers page.