Situat a la localitat anglesa de Wallingford
Si teniu una molt bona competència en anglès podeu aprofitar l’oportunitat de presentar el vostre currículum vitae per a l’oferta publicada pel Centre for Ecology & Hydrology. El CEH cerca responsable de comunicació. A continuació detallem les característiques d’aquesta oferta i la forma de contacte.
The Centre for Ecology & Hydrology (CEH), part of the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC), is the UK’s Centre of Excellence for integrated research in terrestrial and freshwater ecosystems and their interaction with the atmosphere.
Working in partnership with the research community, policy-makers, industry and society, CEH’s research builds on an extensive monitoring network associated with a wealth of environmental information, and addresses some of the most complex environmental challenges facing humankind. CEH has an annual turnover of £33 million, and has more than 600 permanent staff and students across four sites; the headquarters is at Wallingford with further sites at Bangor, Edinburgh and Lancaster.
An exciting opportunity now exists to join CEH as the Communications Team Manager. Reporting to the Head of Knowledge Transfer, the successful candidate will lead a team based at Wallingford with responsibility for external and internal communications, delivered within the context of business development, science to policy, commercialisation, public engagement with research, and employee engagement.
The primary responsibilities of this post will be to:
* Develop the CEH internal and external communications strategy in concert with senior management, and take direct responsibility for its implementation.
* Lead and manage CEH’s communications personnel whose responsibilities include the CEH Press Office, brand management, events organisation, enquiries desk, web-based and printed communications, and employee engagement.
* Optimise the impact of CEH research and facilitate business development activities through the support of effective stakeholder engagement.
* Provide management information through reports and analyses of the impacts of communications activity.
Candidates will be expected to have extensive experience and understanding of the key issues surrounding corporate internal and external communications including event/project management, media relations, new media development, and branding and employee engagement.
You must demonstrate relevant communications experience, including knowledge exchange, and a good understanding of the scientific process gained within a research intensive environment. Knowledge of the current political debate in the environmental field and an ability to identify connections between policy development, business needs and scientific drivers are also essential. These skills will underpin a requirement to deliver internal and external communications activities to support CEH’s organisational objectives.
You will be a proactive individual, able to communicate fluently and persuasively, used to taking your own decisions and with excellent interpersonal skills. With previous experience of successfully leading a team, you will also demonstrate strong project management skills through effectively delivering significant projects.
Detailed job description
* Develop the CEH external and internal communications strategy in concert with the Head of Knowledge Transfer and Head of People & Skills, and take direct responsibility for its implementation.
* Support a culture of proactive communications across CEH and with our stakeholders, in part to optimise the impacts of CEH’s research and support business development.
* Delivery of the CEH Press Office function, including social media, through management of the Media Relations Manager and Media Coordinator.
* Delivery of brand management, and lay-out, design and production across digital and print materials through management of the Multimedia Editor.
* Event planning, guidance and delivery.
* Deliver an enquiries service, including Parliamentary Questions, and manage the collection and reporting of Output Performance Measures across CEH for the RCUK Research Outputs System, through the management of the Enquiries Supervisor.
* Responsible for web delivery, across corporate intra- and internet sites, and digital and print content, including corporate publications.
* Support the Head of People & Skills to deliver internal communications through management of the Internal Communications Manager and Coordinator.
* Analyse and report on the impact of internal and external communications activities.
* Manage the CEH communications project budget.
* Development, implementation and evaluation of policy and procedures within the communications remit.
* Manage, guide and develop staff within the communications team to build a flexible and supportive team able to deliver creative solutions and a high quality service.
Closing date for applications: 11 October 2012.
Interview date: 7 November 2012.
Only online applications will be accepted. Applications are handled by the RCUK Shared Services Centre; to apply please visit their job board at http://www.topcareer.jobs/ and complete an online application form. Applicants who would like to receive this advert in an alternative format (e.g. large print, Braille, audio or hard copy), or who are unable to apply online should contact the RCUK Shared Services Centre by telephone on 01793 867003.
Please quote reference IRC65667.