L’Institut Català de Nanotecnologia (ICN) busca scientific communication officer. S’ofereix un lloc de treball fix amb un rang salarial entre 25.000 i 30.000 euros bruts l’any. Per a inscriure’t a aquesta oferta, consulta el següent enllaç fent clic aquí. A continuació teniu més informació en anglès, tal i com l’han publicat els seus responsables.
Our client has been growing quickly, based on its strong success rate in attaining competitive grants at both national and EU levels, and is now seeking a Scientific Communication Officer to join the communication team. The new role will be primarily responsible for the preparation of press releases, publicity materials, editorial support for articles for publication and grant proposals, and other dissemination and communication activities, both at project and at the institutional level. This post requires a person with scientific background and good communication skills and experience (particularly in English), dynamism and initiative, the ability to work as part of a team, with an enthusiastic and flexible approach to work. Candidates should be thorough and meticulous in their approach to tasks in order to deliver a high quality professional service. Tasks and responsibilities:
- Writing, correcting and editing texts of primarily scientific nature, for project proposals, reports and media
- Dissemination activities and institutional reports such as the Annual Report and Scientific Plans. Gather and process data for reporting purposes and ensure that the ICN activities and works receives appropriate media coverage
- Contribute to reviewing and evaluating marketing activities, events and materials, and recommending future initiatives.
- Network with related organisations to exchange best practices and establish partnerships in communication and outreach
- Bachelors Degree in a Scientific Field and desirably further qualifications Science Communication, Media or a related discipline; a PhD (or equivalent) is desirable.
- Experience: 5 years’ relevant professional communication and writing experience in a scientific area.
- Demonstrated ability to provide, under limited direction as a member of a small team, high quality, timely and professional science and/or corporate writing and editing, with sound understanding of the concepts and terminology common in science and technology.
- Experience producing written material for specific audiences including scientists, collaborators, supporters and donors, government and industry stakeholders, and the general public.
- Experience in media liaison, developing and executing an appropriate PR strategy and writing press releases.
- Computer skills, including high level knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite; some graphic design skills desirable.
- Very good organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to work to deadlines, manage conflicting priorities, and high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, especially working with researchers.
- Flair for developing science communication tools. Demonstrated ability to take the initiative, with a solution-focused approach.
- Native English required. Fluent Spanish and Catalan.
Salary and ContractSalary, depending on qualifications and experience, will be within the range 25.000 – 30.000 € and the working hours 37,5 a week. Permanent position.